Saturday, December 27, 2008

Who's in?

It's rolling around again....you know, that time of year when we set resolutions and promise ourselves to make changes in our lives. I don't know about you, but I'm really good at coming up with great ideas, all things that would be very positive....and then doing nothing about them.

Sometimes the reason these grand ideas fail is because while I've developed the _idea_ I haven't developed a plan for implementation. Other times it is because I get started, and then get discouraged....too much pain, too much expense, too LAZY (I'm sure that laziness is the biggest culprit).

But here's the deal. We're really in a different world right now. There are so many things happening around us that are completely out of our control, that if you're not careful, can really drag you down. Have you noticed in those weekly messages I've been sending about building wealth (look forward to the 2009 messages - Instant Happiness) that there is really one main theme....that is...what you focus on increases.

So here we go...2009 is right around the corner....and I'm tired of letting things I have no control over have such an impact on me. Basically, I'm going to work to be more happy and positive. And I'm going to do THAT by doing a few other things I know I should do and I simply don't.

Here are some of the things I'm going to incorporate into my life to help reach that main goal...

- get up earlier, go to the office earlier, and accomplish very specific things each day at the office before I allow myself to "play"
- spend more time studying and practicing systems available to me from By Referral Only
- get better at asking all of you for the referrals of the people you know and like that can benefit from my help buying and selling homes
- eat less food - still the stuff I like, just less of it
- avoid sugars even more than I already do
- write some great scripts and build my video library both for clients and students
- write at least one more course to teach at the Austin Board of REALTORS
- get myself prepared to participate in a triathlon (it'll start with a 5k and a bike ride) I'm gonna start here...

So...anyone one to join me in any of this? I've found that if there are a couple people in your life (they don't have to be close, just have the ability to communicate via telephone or email or blogging) that will participate with you. In fact, your goals don't have to be anything like my goals....we just need to help hold one another accountable by sharing what we've done.

This all gets under way in....

No comments: