Tuesday, December 9, 2008

An interesting couple of days...


Today and yesterday were pretty interesting days. I spent the day at the Austin Board of REALTORS® (ABoR) taking the first ever NAR Green Designation course. By first ever I mean this was the first time it had been taught to anyone other than the instructors. It is also the first National Association of REALTORS® (NAR) sustainable living designation course.

Part of the fun came from the people that were in the class. Because I had another engagement at the board earlier in the day, I wasn't able to get my favorite seat in the regular classroom - the one just inside the door and near the coffee maker.

Anyway, as I was looking for a place to sit (it was a full house) I ended up clear across the room in one of the last available seats. When people started sitting down so the course could begin, I realized I was sitting at a table full of NAR executives.

To make a long story short, I spent the two days learning about sustainable living, green design, and how to best serve clients looking to buy and sell properties with green features. Along the way, I was able to get to know all of these people....

Deb Waldman, Texas Association of REALTORS® Director of Professional Development
Steve Brown, NAR Vice President
James Helsel, NAR Treasurer
Katie Stouffs, NAR Vice President
Denise Marx, NAR Vice President
Charles McMillen, NAR President
Ron Phipps, NAR First Vice President

Among the NAR and TAR leaders were several familiar faces from our local board - from up and coming leaders all the way to the 2008 ABoR President of the Board.

Cool stuff, huh! I am hopeful that these relationships will lead to additional opportunities to learn and contribute in the organizations. These relationships also assist me in providing top notch client representation to you and those you choose to refer to me.

Any questions about the green designation or sustainable real estate practices? Shoot me an email or give me a call and let's talk!

No comments: