Thursday, December 11, 2008

Fun Holiday Stuff

Y'all probably already know we've been gearing up for my parents to visit from Iowa. They'll be here for two weeks. I've been spending some time thinking about things to do for entertainment....they have to be interesting, inexpensive, and places that two old people can navigate.....
Now they've already been to Zach's Rockin' Christmas party and really enjoyed it. I'm thinking maybe this year we'll see the Santaland Diaries?

Mom has been to the Armadillo Christmas Bazaar....and we'll do that again. This year it will be at the Austin Convention Center from 11 to 11 on December 12-24th.

Did you know there is also a Keep Austin Bizarre bizarre at the Palmer Events Center?? It happens December 12-23 from 11 to 11 as well.

Of course there is also the Trail of Lights at Zilker Park. Can you believe I have never been there? I'm going to be sure that my mom brings her handicapped tag so we can get parking near the entrance - I'm not sure either of my parents can walk that far!

Every year we spend at least one afternoon making candy and cookies to share with the neighbors - we'll for sure be doing that again. And both of my parents enjoy "down time" at Canyon Lake, so we'll be spending about three days there. My dad really likes the River Walk in San Antonio so we'll probably head there from Canyon Lake one afternoon.

I'd love to hear other ideas from all of you.....send them to chad@chadcardani.com and I'll be sure and add them to the blog for others to see as well!

No comments: