Wednesday, December 10, 2008

What's that!?!?


It's SNOW!

So last night we had our friend Lisa Tingle over for dinner. Her birthday is today so we had a cake and all that stuff, along with some steaks on the grill and a salad with famous Claire Hyder dressing.

We were watching a movie....and head this noise....looked outside and it had started raining. Texas rain - so it was pouring. When the movie was over we were sitting around talking and Milhouse came in from outside and I saw this white stuff on him....and I thought to myself...what the !?!?

It was SNOW! We looked outside and huge snowflakes - I mean I haven't seen snowflakes this large since I've lived in Texas more than maybe two times. It was beautiful. And today, there is snow on our roofs.... I know for those of you in other parts of the country this isn't really even "snow" and you're probably also aware that by noon it will be gone and tomorrow it is supposed to be in the 70's...but still....we have SNOW!

So a funny thing about lunch yesterday. As we (I, some folks from here, and our new friends from the NAR offices in DC and Chicago) were enjoying the mid 70's temps with sun on the patio at ABoR, I said this is fall in Texas...savor it..it lasts about 15 minutes. They looked at my very confused, and we explained that "fall" is usually very fast here. What a great way to illustrate what I meant!

No comments: