Tuesday, April 7, 2009

For my friends back in Iowa....


One of my favorite things to do is remind my friends and family back home in Iowa how nice it is to live in Austin. Every year since 1999 I have called my buddy David to check in only to learn he's freezing and I just enjoyed lunch or dinner on an outdoor patio. The first time was just by chance...he asked what I had done that day....each year after was very much intentional... ;)

Today I talked with my Dad...he told me it was in the 20's overnight and in the 40's today. That's cold. And the conversation took place as I was driving home from having lunch with Rick and Martin at the Central Market Cafe in north Austin.

I'm sure neither Rick nor Martin will be terribly excited about this photo - I did it while they weren't paying attention to me...I guess they can just say that is what happens when I'm not center stage. And hey, that's what they get, right??

Wouldn't you think that this would be enough to get my parents to move down here and enjoy the house we're renovating for them???

Just FYI, it was 74 and sunny today...

So for any of you who have had enough of the cold and the snow, just give me a call. I know this great Real Estate Consultant that can get you settled in a house or apartment........

No comments: