Saturday, January 10, 2009

You just gotta love Austin....


So it's January 2009. This week I had the pleasure of having lunch outside on the patio at Whole Foods in downtown Austin. Turned out to be a very very nice way to spend part of an afternoon.

It all started when I headed to AT&T to get a new phone. As much as the iphone is a cool gadget, it just wasn't working for me work wise. In fact, I was starting to really dislike it. I think part of it was because you have to use iTunes to do anything with it...and I really don't like iTunes either. Kinda makes me feel like I'm getting old...the interface just doesn't make sense, blah blah blah.

So I headed up to the AT&T store with my friend Bill and was pleasantly surprised that they offered me an upgrade with only a 6 month extension of my contract. Pretty cool. New Palm Centro (perfect for Real Estate Agents cause it can also serve as our electronic key and login token for MLS) for just 50 bucks.

Then I took Bill back to the office so he could meet with a client. I ran up to get my hair cut from the best hair cutter in town, Matt Hyder at Vitali Salon on West 6th. When that was finished around 2 p.m. I realized I was starving, so thought it might be fun to head to Whole Paycheck....I mean Whole Foods, for a quick bite to eat.

Apparently lots of other people had the same idea, because the place was packed. It was really pretty surprising, I figured the lunch crowd would have been long gone. There was actually a little line at the checkout. I did my normal Whole Foods routine...one container for cold, one for hot, and got a small sampling of a few things. Cost about 8 bucks. Kinda pricey but I looked at it as a special treat.

Then I went outside to find a seat on the patio. It was very nice to enjoy the sunshine, watch people (there were LOTS of pretty people out), and enjoy some reasonably healthy and wholesome food. As I was sitting there I was thinking about how lucky I am to be able to be in a place where I could have lunch whenever I wanted to, afford to treat myself to a Whole Foods meal, and bask in the sun for a few minutes.

Life is good.....

No comments: