Friday, September 5, 2008

S^TC

Friends over for dinner tonight...Matt and Claire. We had a nice spaghetti dinner and a "Claire Salad"....we've never quite figured out what Claire does when she makes salads, but they're always so amazingly good I can't even describe it.

ANYWAY. After dinner we ended up watching the Stand Up To Cancer special. I cried the whole time it was on. Apparently I still have some pent up _something_ from my own two bouts with cancer. Although I beat it, there's always that question in my head - if I have a sore throat, or a headache, or my arm hurts, or whatever....there's that little voice inside the wonders if I have cancer again.

Now it's not like every day I'm leaving in fear. Every day I DO make conscious decisions about what I eat/breath/put on my skin/ etc in terms of what it could potential mean to my future health. Do other people do that too???

It's amazing how many people are touched by the big C. I don't talk politics much so I won't even go into how much money we aren't spending on cancer research because it's diverted other places.

www.standup2cancer.org

Think about donating. Even a few bucks can make a difference. Do it for the people you love, and the people that love you. Let's end this!

No comments: