Thursday, September 11, 2008

Do you ever wonder....

Why people do some of the things they do?

Now I'm not going to get into politics and wonder WHERE these people come from or WHAT ON EARTH they're thinking... :)

So one thing I've noticed a lot lately has to do with agents sending faxes. Now, in real estate, there's a lot of paperwork. Multiple page contracts back and forth with signatures and initials and changes and all that. It used to be that I always wondered why, by the time we got the stinkin contracts completed, they were about 1/4 the size they started.

In a recent class I learned that if you have someone tell you that the fax you just sent them is small, you can fix it by selecting the "fine" or "better" setting on the fax machine. This normally only needs to be done on home machines or those that are not designed for very high use. More robust machines automatically send the fax full size even at their lowest resolution.

So I'm over that....I understand WHY, and can help people fix the problem on their end, assuming they're willing to take my feedback in the way in which it is intended...which doesn't always happen. ;)

My new question is...WHY do people send faxes upside down? Now this is just a step above sending it with the wrong side up. As in, faxing 20 pages of the BACK of what you intended to send. I'm talking about taking the stack of paper, and putting it in the machine upside down. So that when we receive the fax electronically, each and every page comes up on our computer screen...you guessed it...upside down. ??? WHY?

Here's my solution. Let's ALL switch to an electronic signature system - no more faxing back and forth, loosing resolution each time. Let's jump on the green wave and eliminate the paper waste and go completely electronic. It's legal. It's inexpensive. It's easy to archive. And you just can't sent the stuff upside down.

Are ya with me???

No comments: