Sunday, February 8, 2009

Spring is in the air....


...and it led to something fun to share with all of you.

For several years I've thought it would be fun to send out wildflower seed packets in the spring....reminding y'all that spring is right around the corner, my practice is "still blooming", and that I sincerely thank you for your business and referrals.

All kinds of companies try and sell marketing "stuff" to REALTORS®, including these seed packets. You might even know someone who sends these out each year. You can have special pictures printed on them, have special messages, etc. But that is part of the problem for me....ANYONE can do that. By now you know that if ANYONE can do it, I probably don't want to. Our Real Estate family is growing because we do the things that everyone else either can't or won't.

So as much as I thought this idea was fun...there was just something missing...the personal part of it. I thought perhaps making these seed packets myself would be something a little more personal....so I went to google and ebay to see what it would take to put together little seed packets with a personal touch....special little envelopes, Texas Wildflower Mix, and maybe a special stamp to put on the envelopes so that you all know that these are something unique.

It was then that I ran across the best seed packets EVER. As I was looking for bulk wildflower seeds, I found an auction for seed packets put together by a seven year old little girl in South Carolina named Katie. Her mom sells seeds on ebay too. So Katie wants to have her own farm when she grows up, and she realizes she has to save money to make that dream come true. What better way to start saving money than to sell seeds on Ebay like her mom does!

Now I can't even start to explain how cool this is. Katie has a dream, and she's willing to use her resources to help make her dream come true. Katie's mom, Ashley, is doing one of the best things she can do....helping Katie understand that all of her dreams can come true if she works hard and uses her resources to work toward those dreams. So Ashley put this ad on ebay, explained the circumstances, and here we are. I contacted Ashley to see if Katie was up for a bulk order - and they were both thrilled.

So watch your mailboxes.....in the next few weeks you'll get a packet of wildflower seeds. Not just any packet of wildflower seeds...but a packet personally put together for you by a little girl in South Carolina saving money so she can buy her very own farm. Ashley says Katie is working diligently on the packets as I write this blog.

Want to contribute to Katie's efforts? Find Ashley's auctions here and look for the items that say they're Katie's seeds.

No comments: