Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Good times at a great new Austin eatery

My friend Deb and I ventured to a new Austin eatery today - Cuatro's. One day last week I happened to see a news story on this new place - and thought it would be fun to check it out.

We started with a basket of fried dills - very tasty and a great way to start out.

Deb had tuna tacos - they were beautiful! When I think back to the news report it seems like this is actually one of the specialties. I had the boca beef tacos - very tasty as well. And when we saw that they have sweet potato fries - we just couldn't resist.

The coolness of today wasn't 100% about the food. Since Deb and I both grew up in little ol Boone, Iowa....it would just be wrong if I didn't tell you that we enjoyed this fantastic lunch on the outdoor patio....it was a beautiful day today, 75 degrees, sunny, nice breeze.... you just can't beat that....especially in FEBRUARY!

So...everything was great - reasonable prices, good service, fantastic food and great company ( if you want a very fun, enjoyable midwesterner to dine with, give either of us a call and we'll be happy for you to take us there!)

The next time you're thinking about heading someplace new, check out Cuatros on 24th and San Gabriel. You'll be glad you did!

No comments: