Sunday, June 1, 2008

Lake Conroe

It has been a few years since I've spent the day on the lake....man do I miss it. Rick and I went to Spring, TX to visit one of his patients, who has a boat on Lake Conroe. We drove up Saturday, hit the lake about 3 and stayed until about 7:30.

While we were driving around I noticed some buildings that looked like Silverleaf Resorts Presidential units....we drove over and sure enough, there was Silverleaf's Piney Shores resort. Hopefully next time we go we'll stay at the resort and have a little more lake time, with an easy retreat from the sun to re-energize.

We arrived back in Austin around 1 today....one of the things I had forgotten was how much energy the lake/sun can suck out of you. Now that I've had my three hour nap, vacuumed and dusted, folded laundry and run the dishwasher....it's time to think about dinner.

Cheddars? Red Lobster? Chili's? Applebees? I really want a cheap nasty buffet but Rick is a weenie and won't go to any with me.....so if any of you reading are up for a buffet visit - let me know...mexican, chinese, american, doesn't matter...LET'S EAT.

Which reminds me of a book I want to check out, called The Cardio Free Diet. I'll let you know if I actually read it... ;)

No comments: