Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Birthday Day II


Our friend Jennifer always refers to her "Birthday Season"...it's about a month long, and includes gifts and indulgences in celebration of her special day.

This year I'm embracing that a little bit...with perhaps a birthday week?

Tonight we had dinner with our friends Claire and Matt....we usually do that at least once a week. We enjoy the company and friendship, and Claire and I enjoy whipping some new things up in the kitchen every once in a while. Matt has been known to dabble in some great eats as well. Lots of fun, low pressure, good times.

Claire made a cake for my birthday....a Lime Chiffon Cake. YUM. It was very tasty and very pretty....Rick suggested I take a photo to share on my blog.... After a little discussion about how a good REALTOR® always has a camera, I used the camera in my phone to snap this shot. Now it's important for you to know that I have a "real" camera in my car for emergency purposes - an old Kodak that takes AA batteries for those times when I didn't intend on taking a photo but I need to (usually at houses, but it has come in really handy when I've come along on an accident or something. Why use the phone cam instead of a real camera? It actually rained in Austin, Texas today...and I didn't want to mess my hair up! ;)

We're back home now...dry and full....winding things down for the day.

No comments: