Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Why I love being a real estate consultant

Today I spent the day with 400 other By Referral Only consultants at the Main Event in San Francisco, California.

This is my third Main Event - and it's 100% new material than anything before. And it's awesome.

We started at 8 a.m. with this simple assignment.... Write down 100 things you love about your work. At first the task seemed a little overwhelming....until I "got in my place" where I could really feel gratitude and joy for the life I have and the work I do.

You'll see some interesting information here as I post some updates related to what I'm up to as I remodel my business and my life. There's always that little voice that says "don't tell anyone what you're up to"....and there's that teacher, that coach, that leader voice that says "tell the world what you're up to - people want to know, people deserve to know"....

So here we go... 100 reasons I love what I do...

appreciation
autonomy
being fully committed
being happy
being introduced to friends, family and loved ones
being prepared
being recognized as a leader at our local and state association
being recognized as a leader in the community
being recognized as a leader in the profession
being referred
being respected
being sought after
being the expert
building strong futures
By Referral Only
camaraderie
challenge
changes
choosing who I work with
closings
coaching
consulting
contact with people
continuing my education
creating my own reality
creating value
creativity
daily challenges
drive=income
emerging technologies
entrepreneurial spirit
example
family
flexibility
flexible schedule
fliers
fun clients
giving
gratitude
growth
helping
honesty
hope
houses
housewarming parties
income
independence
influence
inspiring
interesting days
internet
laughing
making dreams come true
making my own market
my 800 number
my coach
my office
my referral tree
negotiating
networking
new friends
new relationships
new toys
opportunity
optimism
own office
peace
potential
pride
problem solving
productivity
reflection
relief
respect
rewards
saving clients $$
saving my own $$
seeing happy tears
self employment
self empowerment
self improvement
serving as a resource
sharing information
sharing knowledge
smiles
story telling
systems
taking risks
teaching
technology
thank you's
the annual client party
The Main Event
the telephone
thinking outside of the box
travel
work clothes (or no clothes?)
working at home
working from anywhere
working on the go

No comments: