Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Another note from my friend George

You've seen a few of George's Passion Party writings here before - and this is another great one. (Well, he sends great messages every morning, but this one just "fit" for me today).

This morning I had an appointment to have my tires rotated at 7 a.m. - they said it would take about 30 minutes. Well at 8:30 I was on my way - not because there were problems, it just took a while....and a few things popped up - nail in one of the tires that needed repaired, inspection sticker that was expired, etc.

On the way home I was listening to NPR. I haven't been paying too much attention to the news for the past three months - because I really don't like hearing what the news has to say. And for the most part, the only impact the news has on me is that it gets me riled up or makes me feel down. Today was no different - a story about the oil spill and the birds covered in oil being cleaned with a concentrated solution of Dawn dish soap (you know - it breaks up grease, takes it out of your way) - could we clean up the ocean by dumping some Dawn in there too?? Anyway...it made me sad. Then I thought about the oil companines and oil prices and record profits and on and on and on. Yuck.

Anyway.....this being my first email check of the day, a great message from George that I wanted to share.

Would you like to be added to the daily "Passion Party"??? Just shoot George a note - contact info below.

Life is frustrating right now.
There is so much trouble in the world
News is bad
The world is broke.
Business feels like it is a Race To The Bottom
Products keep getting cheaper, not better
and we gather together
at the edge of our landfill
to throw out all our stuff
because things are just not worth fixing.

Today I do not need to fix the world
I just need to fix what is in front of me.
What isn't working?
Why isn't it working?
Is it worth fixing?
What can I do to "re-frame" the problem?
Is it something I can have control over?
If so, I will work on that part of the problem.
Otherwise, it is
just more idle chatter
more noise in a noisy world.


George Kahn
Email: gkahn@mortgcap.com

No comments: