Saturday, May 10, 2008

Exciting News

Yes, I admit it, I am an education junkie. I love to learn stuff. All kinds of stuff. I also like to share stuff I know with others, and learn from them.

One of my very favorite past experiences was teaching University Seminar and Educational Psychology at Texas State University. I consistently received extremely high evaluations, and always had a great time. I loved it when I walked in to a class of students annoyed because they were "forced" to take a "stupid class" and after a few class sessions, they were having a great time and getting some real value from the course.

This week, I received approval from the Texas Real Estate Commission (TREC) to teach Mandatory Continuing Education (MCE) courses. At the end of this month I'll attend a full day workshop at the Real Estate Center at Texas A&M in College Station. Once complete, I will be authorized to teach Legal and Ethics courses for both new and experienced agents.

I'm pretty stoked about this....I love to teach, I love to meet people, I love to learn from people, and I enjoy spending time making a difference.

Once the course at A&M is complete, I'll be working on approval for additional courses....marketing, business building, agency, contracts, principals, etc. Then, I'll be working toward certification from the Texas Association of REALTORS® to teach the GRI series and Quickstart. Very exciting times!

Look for me in a classroom near you!

No comments: